25 Things: #5 I can sew anything.

Monday, February 09, 2009

I don't know many people who sew anymore. My grandma, my mom...but none of my friends. I've done a little of everything...clothes, curtains, huge roman shades, prom dresses, costumes, a custom slipcover for my hide-away sofa. Someday my tour de force will be an exquisite wedding dress. I don't know why, I've just always wanted to sew a wedding dress. I don't know who it will be for, and I will only agree to do it if it is out of the most sumptuously expensive fabric (I'm thinking Dupioni silk). The chosen pattern will have to be exquisitely difficult and perfectly designer fitted to my beautifully proportioned model. A perfectionist's dream, I suppose. Designer perfection in white...and to have my hands all over that fabric for days and nights on end. Delicious! Maybe someday.

0 comments: