25 Things: #10 I have Spasmodic Dysphonia

Thursday, February 19, 2009

It's a pretty rare vocal chord dysfunction. They don't know what causes it or how to cure it. It's basically a twitch in my vocal chords that makes me unable to produce consistent sound. I could get Botox injections and that would help for awhile, but it has to be done every 2-3 months and who wants to do that? I get by. I'm used to it. I actually don't even know I sound wierd anymore until someone asks if I'm sick. I used to think Jesus would heal me someday so that I could sing again, but I don't care very much about that anymore. I mostly miss singing lullabys to my boys and they're getting too old for that anyway. And every once in awhile I think I'd still like to be an American Idol (lol), but only like once a year or something! I miss singing with Sandy though.

1 comments:

Steve said...

I miss your lullabys and when you would sit at the piano and sing. You have a beautiful singing voice and love to hear it when it is working.