Death of a Seed.

Thursday, June 21, 2007

"Simon, Simon, Satan has asked to sift you as wheat. But I have prayed for you, Simon, that your faith may not fail." Luke 22:31.

The truth is that I am wheat and not chaff. If Satan has asked to sift me and my Lord has said, "do what you will", then my only response can be, "May it be to me as you have said." I am not chaff and I shall not blow away as chaff, for I have a high priest who intercedes for me before the Father.

John 12:24
I tell you the truth, unless a kernel of wheat falls to the ground and dies, it remains only a single seed. But if it dies, it produces many seeds.

"If my life is broken when given to Jesus, it is because pieces will feed a multitude while a loaf will satisfy only a little lad. -R.Stull

There are a lot of analogies all wrapped up there in one post. (Chuckle).

I have been crucified with Christ and I no longer live. This life I live in the body I live by faith in the one who loves me and gave his life for me. I'd put the reference, but I'm not really quoting it. I'm stating it. Copyright infringement. Nah. Public Domain...it's more than 100 years old...or does it only need to be 20? Either way, it's mine now...after what I've been through this year...and continue to face, you can put my name after it if you like. I don't think Paul will mind. We can ask him later. (chuckling again.)

Oh come quickly Lord!

0 comments: